About the russian language courses
Learning Russian as a foreign language: easy or difficult?
Those who started to read this article mostly are fluent in Russian as it is their native language.
Therefore, for many of the readers it might seem strange that Russian language lessons is an easy matter. In fact Russian lessons for foreigners can become time consuming because there are not so many as rich and diversified languages in the world as our native one.
Sometimes even a native Russian person cannot understand all the endings, cases and exceptions to the rules during the construction of another sentence. To learn the Russian language for foreigners is the same as for a resident of the post-Soviet space to learn Chinese.That is why the Russian language courses for foreigners are a prerequisite for the development of this complex but attractive language.
Russian online lessons: what is it for?
A question arises: what is “Russian language online” for? After all, it is not as global as English, has no such history as Latin, and it is not as popular as Japanese. However, not everything is so simple with the Russian language.
Basically, those who decided to take Russian language courses set themselves such ultimate goals:
- smooth communication with Russian business partners;
- as the high level of education in Russia is known all over the world, students are taught it to study in Russia;
- in the event of a future visit to Russia as a tourist.
However, anyone who decides to make a study Russian online can count on one more significant bonus. The fact is that the countries surrounding Russia took over the culture of this country that their citizens are fluent in Russian. Ukrainians, Estonians, Kazakhs, Belarusians, Lithuanians and Latvians - they all understand the language and can successfully communicate in it. Respectively, and you can chat with them after completing your study.
Distance learning Russian language: is it easy or difficult to study?
When compared with other world languages, Russian is relatively easy to learn (if you have smart teachers to guide you). To confirm this, we will give a few arguments on this subject:
- absence of articles. In the Russian language any special prefix before the words is not used;
- simple writing. The letters of the Russian alphabet have available form, not as difficult as hieroglyphs, so it is not too difficult to learn to read them;
- sonorous pronunciation. Russian language has smooth and easy pronunciation, unlike "chopped" German, meanwhile it does not flow as inaudible as Japanese. It is thanks to this simplicity of perception, Russian language courses in Skype are very popular among foreigners;
- small division into dialects. If you pass the Russian language courses in Kiev, you can seamlessly communicate with people from Omsk and Moscow, as the Russian space has little dialects (excluding Siberia and other very remote regions).
However, there are some tricky "parts" of the Russian language. Among them are the following:
- absence of stress. Almost all languages have strict rules of accent placement, which make it easy to learn the words of the tone. In Russian, there is practically no such rules, so the balance of stresses will simply need to be learnt by heart;
- a large number of different rules and exceptions to the rule. Even indigenous Russians do not always know all the rules of the language. Besides there are many exceptions to the rules.
- wide case system. Cases is the most difficult part of learning the Russian language, which make many people who wish to learn the language quit learning it;
- presence of unique characters. Even when there is a corporate Russian language training, many students simply cannot perceive the Russian signs "ù, û" as there are no analogues to these words in other languages;
- there is no clear word order in a sentence. Virtually every foreign language clearly regulates the location of certain words and combinations in the sentence. The Russians arrange words with pure intonation, based on a deep understanding of their native language. For those to whom this language is not native, it will be very difficult to master such understanding.
As you can see learning the Russian language is a rather complex matter. But in this case, much depends not only on the students but also on the teacher. Therefore, if you want to learn the Russian language - online learning with professional and proven teachers will help you.
The future of online study
Needless to say that online study is becoming more and more popular. Nowadays one can study almost anything from cooking to playing a guitar. All you need is a good Internet connection.
As we specialize in teaching the Russian language, we would talk about russian language course in Skype and online video courses.
Luckily, at the moment Skype program offers many useful tools for two or more speakers to see and hear each other, and even to share screens. We decided to diversify our russian language course and now aside from live eye-to-eye lessons we offer online video courses and russian language courses in Skype.
Best ways of learning Russian online:
In case a student combines two or three methods of learning we call such russian course "a mixed program". We suggest that the best way to learn is to have a private professional teacher holding live Skype lessons and to follow additionally one or two online video courses. There are also online platforms for learning new words and phrases in flashcards or other effective ways: Memrise, Anki etc.
Besides, if your level permits, you can find many language exchange friends to practice your speaking knowledge. "Italki" offers plenty of users and pan pals who wish to speak Russian. You can also subscribe to useful study channels on YouTube, follow Russian language groups in Facebook and join Google + groups connected with Russian culture and language.
Our school offers all those resources, just click on the icons at the bottom of any our website page and subscribe to receive fresh posts and follow the news on Russian language and culture.
Therefore, if you follow our instructions, you will get maximum result from distance learning Russian language.
Do not forget that we also offer corporate training of the Russian language, it means we provide Russian lessons for employees here in Kiev.